Of all the common threads to have running through your life, why do babies with super-rare illnesses have to be one of them?????
I'm losing my mind today... my heart is threatening to jump out of my chest and hide under my file drawer to get a break from... well... from breaking!! Just when I was feeling so strong and ready for anything, the universe decided to pull the rug out and remind me that I'm still just learning to stand... Guess something out there doesn't want me to get too cocky.
Today, one friend has been unable to get any answers about her baby's prognosis (which of course leads her mind immediately in all the wrong directions), and another has been given the choice of hospice or home for end-of-life care.... miracles happen every day, and I'm a silver lining kind of girl, but I'm having a hard time staying upbeat about this one... it breaks me apart.
I am working hard to stay grounded and focused... I am working on holding my friends and their precious ones in warm, gentle light... but they are both so scared and angry, and it makes ME angry to see someone suffer that way. Why does anger so quickly follow fear? In an evolutionary sense, I suppose it is to spur us into action. Once we know we are not immediately threatened, it is our instinct to strike back. To injure the thing which is trying to injure us, and when we can't get our hands on it - because it isn't a thing that can be touched or seen - we lash out at the next available opponent.
Today, that opponent for me is the freaking WORLD.
So I'm gonna get through the rest of my day, try not to cry at work (nothing makes an office full of men respect you more than a good sob-fest), go home, hug my hubby, and then go do some yoga with one of my favorite teachers, and maybe (if the spirit so moves me) give some tears to my mat.
Oh, right, setting my intention... I said I'd blog about that, and I think it would be helpful... let's see...
What are you going to hold your attention towards?
Peace and acceptance in my own heart and in the hearts of those I love.
What are effective ways to keep your attention alive?
Breathe... slow down... think before reacting.
How does your intention affect how you interpret what comes into your mind?
Wow... it slows me down. It asks me (nicely, even says "please") to choose how I want to react.
How do your thoughts reflect your intention?
Right now, they don't, but I hope with practice they will.
How do your words reflect your intention?
See above.
How do your actions reflect your intention?
Same again...
Hmmm... food for thought. Thanks Yyoga. I feel (just a little) better already.
No comments:
Post a Comment