I thought that a good way to start might be to tell you about how I got to this point, and why I've decided to write this blog...
2010 was a year of new things for me... new job, new husband, new dog... and along with all of this external change, came new fears. For the first time in my life I felt lost - without a clear purpose or direction. Everything I had been working towards, I had attained... hadn't I?? So why didn't I feel "finished"? Why did I feel so adrift? Always, I had had these deadlines in mind... "When I'm done school..." or, "Once we're married..." or, "When I find the right job..."... I had all these things now... Wasn't this the point where my life was supposed to start?
As a person who has always seized the moment and gone for it with my whole being, this new feeling was... well... terrifying!
Where do I go from here?
Who am I?
What does it all mean?
Recently, I decided I needed to do something about it........ so, in that utterly narcissistic way that only my generation is capable of, I have decided to make 2011 the year of me.
To that end, this blog will follow my journey through the mess of my self... my budding career as an interior designer, my new commitment to health and happiness, my journey with Weight Watchers, my ever-deepening appreciation for the practice and philosophies of yoga, my preparations for becoming a parent (nothing immediate and concrete to report, but it is certainly in the 5-year plan)... hopefully to a deeper understanding of how to live with passion and purpose... I've always said (heck, it was even in my marriage vows) that I am a complete person, with no need to rely on anyone else for my own happiness and sense of fulfillment. Time to make that statement true again!
No comments:
Post a Comment